Quarto (290 x 230 mm.), full contemporary green cloth, marbled effect to cloth, gilt title to spine. With typographic title, pp. (2), viii, 81, (1), (2), 5, (1), with 116 engraved maps numbered in roman all in early outline colour. Some minor foxing as usual, otherwise in good condition.
FIRST EDITION. For the third edition of Samuel Lewis’ ‘Topographical Dictionary’ a new series of maps was added. This was to reflect the Reform Bill of 1832 and the changes to local government boundaries. The draughtsman was again Robert Creighton with the plates engraved by John and Charles Walker. The maps comprise those of counties, boroughs and town plans. There were two later editions. Carroll (1996) 104; Chubb (1927) 464.