EXTREMELY RARE WITH SIDE PANELS REMOVED. This map is originally from the ‘A New Description of England and Wales’, an English County Atlas first published in 1724. That same year the maps also appeared as ‘A Set of Fifty New and Correct Maps of England and Wales’. The maps most distinguishing features were the decorative antiquities either side of the map but what is little known is that for ‘H. Moll’s British Atlas’ published in 1753 they were removed as here. Only FOUR KNOWN EXAMPLES survive of this atlas. Herman Moll was a Dutchman who settled in England by 1678. Provenance: Private English collection. Hodson 178.