‘The Weekly Dispatch’ newspaper between the years 1856 and 1862 included in each edition a map of a part of the world. During this period a total of 118 maps were issued. The maps bear the distinctive sign of a half globe with the figure of Mercury above. The engravers varied but included John Dower and Edward Weller. In 1863 ‘The Dispatch Atlas’ was published which contained a series of English county maps. The two were combined in 1865 as ‘Cassell’s Complete Atlas’. With many maps in a large scale of areas not often seen, including a number a town plans. This plan covers Bromley, Blackwell and Canning Town. The existing main lines are already present but the East India Docks shown are now developed and largely filled in. The Barking Road is now the A13. The scale is remarkable with individual buildings shown and many identified. Beresiner pp. 85-7; refer Carroll no. 120.