The Bolt-In-Tun, a public house on Fleet Street was a major booking office for coach trips in London. The pub is recorded in Lillywhite’s ‘London Signs’ of 1972 as having been in Fleet Street since 1424-43. The Inn famously survived the Great Fire of London having been built of monastic stone. This item of ephemera is a bill poster advertising the coach routes offered from this stage-coach inn. It was notable for offering routes to the west country which is seen in the advert. A total of 31 different routes are listed with the times of the departure. An interesting note below records a notice ‘that no Package containing Glass, Watches, Plate, Cash or Notes, however small the Value, will be accounted for if Lost or Damaged, nor any Parcel or Passengers’ Luggage of more than Five Pounds value, unless entered as such when delivered, and paid for accordingly’. The publisher Robert Gray operated from 7 Wine Office Court, Fleet Street until it appears the early 1820s when it seems his son joined the firm. The printer is named as Thorowgood, most likely Edward Thorowgood who appears to have been active at this address in the 1820s. The Inn was renamed ‘The Boar’s Head’ in the 1880s.