This rare map of Surrey was first issued in the ‘Universal Magazine’ from 1791 to 1798 and engraved by Benjamin Baker (1766-1841) who was particularly active through 1824 as an engraver for the Ordnance Survey. The publisher of the ‘Universal Magazine’ was William Bent. In 1804, the plates appeared in a rare atlas entitled ‘Maps of the Several Counties and Shires in England’ by William Darton (1755-1819) and Joseph Harvey (1764-1841). It is from this work that this map came from. Beresiner (1983) p. 50; Carroll (1996) 53; Chubb (1927) 294; Worms & Baynton-Williams (2011).