An early large-scale map of Luxembourg, the only map of it in the famous Abraham Ortelius ‘Theatrum Orbis Terrarum’. It first appeared in the 1579 edition and this example comes from the Spanish edition published in 1588. It is here in the second state with the addition of new place names such as ‘Long Linster’ to the north of the city of Luxembourg. The map was originally drawn by Jacques Surhon for which he received 500 Livres in payment from Charles V in 1551. It was however, never published. Van den Broecke, M. 60.2; Van der Vekene 102A.