Girolamo Ruscelli (c.1504-66) edited the Latin text for this quarto edition of Claudius Ptolemy’s classic work ‘Geographia’ which included newly engraved copper plates by the brothers Giulio (fl.1540-88) and Livio (c.1520-76) Sanuto. The work was first published by Vincenzo Valgrisi in Venice. However, the 1564 edition was published by Giordano Ziletti in Venice as was this 1574 edition. Provenance: Doreen Green 1991; private English collection. Nordenskiold (1979) 220; Shirley (1991) 111; Shirley (2004) T.Ptol 10e; Tooley’s Dictionary.