A VERY RARE pictorial view of the county with foreground vignettes of local scenery. Southwark is shown on the left with Westminster to the right. Connecting the two is Westminster Bridge. In the distance is the town of Guildford. First published in George Bickham’s fully engraved ‘British Monarchy’ c.1743. Of extreme rarity, only seven examples of the atlas are recorded. The maps are highly collected for their distinctiveness. Below the title is a dedication to the Lord Lieutenant of the county. Bickham was a renowned author and engraver of works on calligraphy. The accompanying descriptive text shows well his skill with script. Chubb (1927) 178; Hodson (1984-97) 217; Lyon (1978); Schrire (1966) no. 14; Shirley (2004) T.Bick 1a; Worms & Baynton-Williams (2011).